Friday 11 March 2011

Army: Drop Tyranids

So, when I originally started this little thing, I said that I might put an armylist or two up. Well, I've been ill for a solid week now, and still haven't recovered, so it will give me an easy post to keep the blog alive (if unread).

Tyranids, 1750 points.

Hive Tyrant, Heavy Venom Cannon, Devourers, Armoured Shell, Hive Commander, Old Adversary
2x Tyrant Guard, Lash Whips

Tyranid Prime, Bonesword and Laswhip

2x Zoanthrope
Mycetic Spore

10x Termagants, Fleshborers

10x Termagants, Devourers
Mycetic Spore

10x Hormagaunts

3x Warriors, Scything Talons, 2x Devourers, 1x Barbed Strangler

Trygon Prime

Carnifex, 2x Devourers
Mycetic Spore

Carnifex, 2x Devourers
Mycetic Spore

...which actually adds up to 1735 points. We'll see what I do with the remaining 15.

Anyway, this is what I'll be using (at least that's the plan) in my club's serial tournament. Is it a strong list? In our local meta, yes, it is. At least for now. Would it compete in the States? Doubtful, at best.

So, as for plans... The first thing to realise with this list is that everything is expendable, with one or two exceptions, depending on the mission. Obviously, I want the Tyrant alive until my turn 3, at the least, but after that, he's as expendable as the Zoanthropes. Everything that drops does so with the express plan 'kill as much as possible and then die'. In objectives mission, the Warriors and cheap Termagants get what protection I can give them, and when Kill Points are in play, some of the weaker units will reserve to avoid dying, or bubblewrap, depending on the enemy.

Unsurprisingly, a large protion of this army's strength lies in the ability to strike where I want/need, with relative accuracy (Hive Mind bless Mycetic Spores, haleluja!). Due to the lack of long range anti-vehicular firepower, the Zoanthropes, Mycetic Spores (Ripper Tentacles, yeah!) and Carnifexes (usually in that order of success) need to be dropped to take out armoured threats. Which will work fine till someone decides to mechanize... Ah, well, you can't have everything.

That's it for me. Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment